Sir William Perkins’s School, Chertsey, Surrey

The School

Sir William Perkins, a wealthy Chertsey merchant, founded the School in 1725 to educate the town’s children. The School moved it its present site in 1819 and later became one of the first grammar schools in the country to educate girls, becoming a voluntary controlled Grammar School in 1944.

In 1978, it became fully independent as an educational foundation administered by trustees, who also form the Board of Governors. This history underpins the ethos of the School.

Contact BGM

Contact us for advice or more information.